Basketball is a professional game, and it requires a proper gear to play with. There are many techniques to play this game.
Every player tends to perform above all during the game. It is not the case with the basketball; every athlete wants to perform well.
Apart from the stamina and physical strength, basketball players need perfect basketball shoes for enhancing their skills and performance.
Basketball shoes, if selected wisely, can increase the speed of the player, stamina, and jumping distance of the player.
Speed depends on the responsiveness of basketball shoes.
Stamina is dependent on the breathability of the basketball shoes because a breathable basketball shoe keeps the feet temperature normal and maintains energy level.
The vertical jump can be increased with basketball shoes having bouncy heels and midsole.
Traction is the factor that deals with the stability of the player and grip of the shoes on the surface.
To increase performance, these things must be kept in mind while purchasing a basketball shoe. The following basketball shoes are the best available ones in the global market to increase the performance of the player.
Best Performance Basketball Shoes 2020 (Top Picks)
Adidas Performance Crazy Explosive:
In terms of ankle support, Adidas Performance Crazy Explosive find the third position in our ranking. They are incomparable for ankle support and have a distinctive design that increases the overall performance of the player.
These shoes are composed of synthetic fiber and textile. The covering of synthetic fibers around the shoes gives the shoes their softness, flexibility, and clean appearance.
These shoes also have modified laces, and Xenos, which provide tight grip as well as comfortable support to ankle and they are present at the top of the shoes. The modified laces provided easy, soothing, and smooth movements to players and decreased the knitting pressure on the lace.
The shoes are also provided with leading cushioning, which make the customers contented and soothing about the shoes.
The shoes have imported rubber sole, which improves the effectiveness of moves, supplies accurate grasp to the surface and manages the control of the user on the feet. This shoe has a high top, which makes it leading fit for ankle support.
The high-top protects and covers the ankle by restricts the strains and ligaments tear damages, and by preventing unwanted stretch of the ankle. The appropriate cushioning on heels and toe box make jumping and landing easy and comfortable.
The shoes show improved functioning with the volume of energy a player is contributing to the game and are paced up with player’s energy. The shoes are breathable and light in weight.
These splendid grasping abilities on all corners of the court make these shoe ideal. The unusual gripping of Crazy Explosive removed ankle twisting and slipping problems.
- The supplementary insulation of the back and heel in these shoes provide additional protection to the ankle.
- The shoes are provided with outstanding grip.
- The imported rubber sole provides advanced traction.
- Modified laces decrease load and pressure on player’s feet
- They are not resilient for prolonged practice hours.
- The rigidness of the back of the heel portion demands additional time to break-in.
Nike Men’s Hyperdunk:
Nike’s Hyperdunk shoes are composed of synthetic fiber and to enhance appearance attraction they come in a diversity of color combinations. The shoes inhibit temperature rising above the comfortable level and show good durability.
The shoes give protection to the forefoot and heels of the player because of the splendid cushioning.
The high-cut is a significant aspect in these shoes for ankle support. Despite the high-top design, these shoes give appropriate comfort and protection to the ankle.
You can play with twists and turns and high layups all around the court with the surety that the shoes will minimize the potential threat of ankle injury. The efficiency and functioning of a basketball player are increased by freedom of movement.
Nike Men’s Hyperdunk 2015 is provided with a rubber sole, which increases the accuracy of skills of the player and enhances strong grasp. The outstanding breathing potential of shoes makes the shoes durable for any season.
The laces of shoes are designed in accordance with the function of the shoes. They provide tight fitting to the ankle and inhibit the stretching of ligaments out of the limits.
They are the best and finest basketball shoes in our collection from the point of view of ankle support. The herringbone pattern is handy in multidirectional adhesion.
- Despite the high-cut of these shoes, they are very comfortable.
- They are light weighted and give the player freedom of movement.
- The supportive feature of this pair of shoes increases its importance.
- The high-top of these shoes does not limit movement of feet.
- They are provided with a variety of color combinations to satisfy the color combination of customers.
- These shoes are not good for wide feet users due to their smart fit.
- The compact fitness of shoes sometimes causes bumping of ankle support into the ankle.
Adidas Crazylight Boost Basketball Shoe:
In our top ten rankings of basketball shoes with respect to performance, Adidas Crazylight Boost comes in third place. They are very appealing with a low cut and are light weighted.
These shoes show remarkable stability. These shoes use 3-D Heel technology. It works by allowing the shoes to take in stress, equally deliver that stress and gives the player the bouncy feedback by amplifying the kinetic energy given by the user.
The effective increase in kinetic energy is the key requirement for the shoes made for jumping. The Crazylight boost supportiveness and responsiveness enables the player to use the tricks and sharp cuts while playing the game.
These shoes are light weighted, and the grip is also good. The rubber sole gives a firm grip to the surface. This type of grip eliminates the chances of injuries due to slip.
The players suffering from an ankle injury should not use them during recovery span because they are low cut shoes. These shoes are available in a wide range of color combinations which make them very attractive visually.
These shoes exhibit good cushioning. Foam is used in inside of sole to absorb the compressional effects while playing the game and is not too stiff. They allow airflow, which does not let the feet getting hot.
- The shoes have good breathability and good cushioning.
- 3-D heel and the forefeet cushioning absorb shocks.
- the performance of the player is enhanced by the midsole.
- They provide optimum response to the player and are bouncy.
- The problem of the size of shoes is encountered in online booking.
- Ankle protection is absent.
Nike Men’s Kyrie 3:
There is a prerequisite of saving the feet from impact and amplifying the initial kinetic energy provided by player, whenever it comes to jumping and increased performance.
Nike Men’s Kyrie 3 is one of the best basketball shoes for jumping in our top picks. While going for a dunk, these shoes are very supportive and match the speed of the player. These shoes deliver essential grip to the surface and have outstanding traction.
The shoes have the composition of TPU skin and engineered blend done by the hyper fuse development technology which allows brilliant support and robustness to the player.
The material becomes more durable with the use of engineered technology, and this, in turn, respects the investment of customer in shoes by meeting their demands.
Pylon froth is used in the forefoot region of shoes, and it is a lightweight material. This composition of the forefoot is responsible for the responsiveness to the player’s forefeet.
These shoes have good breathability, and they do not allow the temperature to rise above the threshold level of temperature of heat.
The shoes use Zoom Air technology to provide cushioning of these shoes, and this cushioning is responsible for the bouncy response to the user.
It is very necessary for Jumping to get a bounce from the shoes to absorbs the impact which provides responsiveness to the player’s movements, and these shoes are very effective at it.
The outsole of the shoes has a complete flow and ebb on the sole, which is responsible for proper control on the motion of feet and prevent players from slipping on any portion of the court.
A player can play freely and easily without danger of slipping and twisting of feet by using these shoes and can use all his tricks and sharp cuts more efficiently. These shoes protect from lower feet injuries.
Kyrie 3 fulfill the demands of appearance as it comes in a variety of color combinations that make these shoes very appealing. These shoes look very stylish and very attractive
- The use of Pylon froth provides extra comfort to the player.
- Kyrie 3 uses Zoom Air technology for bouncy.
- Sole prevents a player from slipping and is very supportive.
- They are very durable, stylish, and attractive.
- the coordinated forefeet ban provides protection to the forefeet.
- Lean players feel these shoes very heavy.
- Extra padding can enhance ankle protection in it.
Adidas Neo Foam Ilation:
This product of Adidas is composed of Neo foam and synthetic leather and is the lightest product of the Adidas.
The presence of mini holes in the top portion, in the body and sideways, provides impressive ventilation to these shoes. proper airflow is allowed in these shoes which maintain and keeps the temperature within the specified limits.
These shoes have a very important feature that it has very supportive traction and meets the required standard that is set up for playing basketball safely and securely.
Cushioning has bouncy properties, and it is assisted with neo foam. cushioning aids in increasing the vertical jump of the players by providing extra energy to the user, and this type of cushioning is very comfortable and supportive.
The ability of Heel bouncing transforms the appreciable amount of energy into the useful work that helps in jumping, and this feature is very good.
These shoes are comfortable and have a tight-fitting as well. The lace-up construction prevents twisting of feet and does not allow ligaments stretching, and this construction also holds the feet tightly and firmly.
These shoes do not have a variety of color combinations and are not too expensive.
- They are light weighted and inexpensive
- They exhibit excellent breathability.
- The use Neo foam cushioning provides bouncy which aids in the high jump and distributes the shock uniformly.
- Neo Foam Ilation has limited color combinations.
- The height of these shoes may make tall players uncomfortable.
Under Armour Curry 3:
Under Armour curry 3 is composed of high tensile strength modern threads of fine quality. These threads are the trademark of Curry models. ThreadBorne is a typical thread that is frequently used for the production of this shoe and makes the shoes very supportive.
The herringbone pattern is exercised in these shoes, which provides remarkable traction. These shoes are specially designed for ankle support and are very excellent at it.
The use of Carbon fiber in these shoes permits hard grip on the arch and forefoot. This carbon fiber shank offers outstanding ankle support to the player during the act of landing and jumping and prevents rollover motion of players as well.
The players always prefer presentable shoes apart in addition to excellent grip and support. The Under Armour Curry 3 have a very attractive shape, and these shoes come in a wide range of color combinations that make it more appealing.
The shoe has a wide base which is responsible for enhanced stability all around the court. These shoes are very light in weight despite wide base. The high-top permits a snug fit to the ankle in these shoes. These shoes can be easily worn without unlacing them totally.
- The stability of these shoes is ensured by the use of a wide base.
- ThreadBorne is responsible for supportiveness of these shoes.
- The shoes exhibit amazing traction is appreciable, which improves the movement of the user or player all around the court.
- The use of Carbon fiber is responsible for provides additional safety of the ankle.
- They exhibit appealing color combinations and impressive style.
- They are costlier than Nike or Adidas basketball shoes.
- They are sensitive to damp places, and a player may slip on such places.
- The user may encounter a sizing problem in case of online order. It is recommended to choose a number up than the normal size of your shoes.
Under Armour Clutchfit Drive 3:
UA ClutchFit Drive 3 is one of the best Under Armour’s basketball shoes in terms of enhanced performance. In terms of best basketball shoes for jumping, it occupies ninth position in our top ten rankings for best basketball shoes for jumping.
These shoes use ClutchFit innovation in the construction, which permits appreciable air flow in the shoes, and this keeps the temperature within the desired range. This feature is responsible for increased durability and flexibility of these shoes.
UA ClutchFit 3 applies Micro G Foam cushioning which supports the feet and is very comfortable for feet. This Foam increases the performance of the player by absorbing energy and provides additional height to the jump.
To prevent any feet injuries, the compressional stresses are uniformly distributed in the sole with the impact of the force on the feet of the player.
To make cushioning more protective and comfortable, Achilles padding is used. It enhances the performance of the player, and an appreciable amount of relief is given to the player’s feet.
The Herringbone traction is remarkable, and the use of rubber sole satisfies the required grip to have sheer control on the player’s feet movements and allows excellent grip to the surface.
Beartrap laces is used in these shoes which keep the feet tight. Ankles are protected by the use of high cut in these shoes. They are available in many color combinations which make them more attractive.
- Durability and breathability are enhanced by ClutchFit drive innovation.
- The stress forces are distributed all over the sole by use of Micro G Foam.
- good traction is provided by Rubber sole with herringbone pattern.
- The comfort level of cushioning is increased by Achilles padding
- A player may feel rigidity at times due to heels.
- These shoes are inappropriate for damp places because there are chances of slipping at that place.
Air Jordan Xxxi:
Air Jordan XXXI is one of the famous productions of Nike shoes. The shoe, named after the famous basketball player Michael Jordan, is a booster for the player’s performance.
Air Jordan XXXI uses the Flight Speed technology which not only boosts up the responsiveness but also a performance of the player. This technology enables the distribution of compression forces evenly in the shoe and provides the player with the spring-back response for explosive movements.
Enhanced cushioning is regarded as the hallmark feature of all Air Jordan shoes. Zoom air units along with the cushioning, give maximum responsiveness to the movements of players on the court.
The shoe is made up of synthetic leather and mesh. Synthetic leather heel along and fly weave forefoot not only provide excellent coverage to the feet but allow the player to have a comfortable grip as well.
The foam pods are used in the heel region along with the synthetic leather outfit adding extra protection to the heel and absorbing the shock waves during jumping.
Sole is made up of durable rubber and unmatched traction. These shoes have an excellent grip to provide the player with sheer control on his feet movements. They are not slippery, so this feature eradicates the danger of being injured due to slipperiness.
When it comes to color scheme and style, Air Jordan XXXI provides us with several color schemes and attractive styles and thus are presentable and wearable.
- Flight Speed technology distributes the shock evenly to the feet.
- Wide feet players feel comfortable in these shoes.
- Foam pods prevent the heels by absorbing shocks.
- Allow swift movements and cuts to perform tricks.
- It takes a little time to get used to it. It is better to use the shoes in practice for some time rather than directly using in the match.
- They are expensive with a high price tag.
- It is recommended to order one size up than the normal fitting.
Nike Men’s Lebron Xiii:
Another Nike’s product is on the list of top picks basketball shoes for wide feet. Lebron XIII is the second Nike’s product in our top ten selection for the best basketball shoes for wide feet. Lebron XIII is a modified version of Nike’s Lebron series which is considered a marvel for basketball shoes using Nike’s zoom L.E.A.P system.
This technology gives durability and shape to this shoe, which is appreciated and admired by most of the users. Sole of this shoe is a combination of hex pods and herringbone patterns.
This mixture results in a superb grip of these shoes. They are remarkable in terms of providing grip on court and dusty spots. Naturally, the dust areas have less grip.
The sole being wide enabled this product wearable for wide feet players. The overall stretch of this shoe is commendable providing wide feet with a proper space to adjust in it.
The traction of these shoes is very good. Like Lebron XII, cushioning in Lebron XIII is provided by using hex zoom technology.
These shoes are breathable due to zoom air units and hence soothe the feet of the user.
Feet protection is also provided in this shoe with the usage of soft foam-lined collars and inside of the sole. These shoes are lightweight so one can play freely with these shoes performing the trickiest of tricks with confidence.
- Lebron XIII is quite breathable and comfortable.
- The grip is unmatched and impressive.
- These shoes are lightweight and can be used for hours.
- The rubber sole provides good traction and grip on almost all types of surfaces.
- They are flexible to wear.
- Cushioning on the inner sole, heels and the upper part is remarkable, but these shoes lack forefoot cushioning.
- Some lean players may experience Lebron XIII as heavy shoes.
- They are of the most expensive shoes of Basketball in the market.
Adidas Dame 4:
Adidas holds the last place in this pick of best basketball shoes for enhanced performance. Dame 4 from Adidas is a proper basketball shoe for the players to boost up their performance.
Basically, the shoe gets its name after a legendary superstar of basketball, Damian Lillard. Although expensive, the performance and comfort featuring these shoes undermine the price tag.
Dame 4 provides an unmatched cushioning to the feet of players. It is the critical reason to recommend these shoes for the players carrying plantar fasciitis problem in the game.
The cushioning provided by these shoes are super soft and bouncy. The bounce technology of Adidas is used in bounce cushioning of these shoes.
They are very comfortable upon impact distributing the stress equally to the sole and preventing the feet from taking the impact of the reactive force.
Breathability is also impressive due to the use of mesh fabric in manufacturing the upper part. Optimum air level is one of the features of Dame 4, which does not allow the temperature to get hot inside the shoes and prevents bad odor also.
These shoes provide good traction. The sole provides enough traction to eliminate the sliding effect on the impact, but this pair performs better with balanced players.
- Bounce technology cushioning eradicates the danger of being hurt, providing comfort to the feet.
- Cushioning is very comfortable.
- Mesh upper fabric gives the perfect breathing to this shoe, maintaining the comfort level of the player.
- Traction is not as impressive as it needs to be on dusty courts.
- They are quite expensive, having a healthy price tag.
- These shoes lack in providing ankle support because of the low cut top.
This article was based on the best basketball shoes to enhance the performance of the player. There were certain parameters that took into account for the selection of the shoes and their arrangement in the top ten slots.
For better performance, traction, breathability, responsiveness, and protective factors in basketball shoes are vital.
Adidas Performance Crazy Explosive is the best basketball shoe to enhance your performance. It has all the capabilities to fulfill the requirements of a basketball player to outperform during the game.
All the other basketball shoes are also up to the mark in the context of enhanced performance. Selecting any shoe from the list will never disappoint you.